Awareness Level - Mobile Delivery
- 8-hour, train-the-trainer course format
- 0.8 Continuing education units
This course is designed for all levels of first responders who may respond to or encounter a homemade explosives incident.
- Recognize and identify commercial precursors used in homemade explosives
- Recognize the physical characteristics of commonly found homemade explosives
- Recognize homemade explosive processing equipment, and Improvised explosive devices, or IEDs, and their components
- Apply legal principles to determine probable cause and identify appropriate use of force options in suicide bombing incidents
- United States citizenship
- Actively employed or volunteer member of a first responder or emergency management agency
- Assignment or identification for assignment to a position responsible for conducting WMD training; developing plans, policies, procedures and tactics to govern response; providing specialized response support during WMD incidents; or coordinating initial response to a WMD incident
- Sufficient tenure remaining in their current or future position to allow for the application of course material upon their return
- For personnel who desire trainer certification, completion of an instructor training program, and/or documented experience as a trainer
- Required prerequisites must be verified by the participant’s department at the time of application
- Picture ID, preferably one issued by their department, must be presented to instructors prior to the start of instruction
- Any first responder who may encounter HME components during their work
You will need Adobe Reader to view the course application. If you do not have Adobe Reader click here.
Contact your State Point of Contact or EMRTC to arrange a class in your area.