Post Award Accounting Services has the institutional responsibility for assuring that the University has in-place systems and best practices for fiscal accountability and internal controls for sponsored project funds awarded to the University. Specifically, our responsibility is to provide post-award fiscal compliance and administrative support to the University community while ensuring regulatory compliance with OMB, State, Private and Federal Policies, Procedures and guidelines.
Some of Our functions include:
- Fiscal administration and compliance of grants/contracts, cooperative agreements, and subcontracts with federal, private, and state sponsors.
- Provide central oversight of the post-award fiscal activities of all sponsored projects.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal and state rules and regulations governing the fiscal compliance administration of sponsored projects.
- Partners with Principal Investigators (PI's), the Office of Grant and Contract Services and Departmental Administration to ensure compliance with award terms and conditions.
- Reviews and validates financial transaction to support research.
- Prepares and submits financial reports and invoices in accordance with award terms and conditions.